Thursday, January 11, 2007

And he stuck it in his ear!

So I was taking the jeepney home from work yesterday, and I gave a 10-peso coin to the conductor guy at the back, and he stuck it in his ear!

I was certainly surprised by what I saw, so I double checked, and sure enough there was my shiny 10-peso coin lodged firmly in this dude's ear. He then gave me four 1-peso coins as change, and I accepted them reluctantly, aware of the possibility that he may have produced them from some other bodily orifice. But no, he had a little box where he kept 1-peso and 5-peso coins. Apparently the ear is reserved for coins of higher denomination.

A few minutes later I would see him remove the coin from his ear and give it to a middle-aged lady as change. I don't know if it's normal for these guys to be sticking money in their ears. I hope not.

...

In his ear!

No comments:

Post a Comment