You've probably forgotten, but the opposition in this country-- to any administration-- has this bad habit of disregarding reality. They seem to have a particular fetish for predicting martial law, our country's ultimate boogeyman:
- 2009: "De Venecia: Martial law likely under Arroyo"
- 2008: "New council could be precursor to martial law, Roxas warns"
- 2007: "Bishops fear looming martial rule"
- 2006: "Prelates warn of martial law"
- 2005: "Confirmed. Please pass to as many people. GMA will declare martial law on or before June 21."
- 2004: "Is martial law in our future?"
And it's not just martial law-- in recent years there's been a bizarre pattern of behavior among the opposition to predict the apocalypse at every turn, and they've been wrong every time. Wrong about the E-VAT, wrong about the Human Security Act, wrong about US relations, wrong about the economy, wrong about elections not pushing through. Tip of the iceberg.
Time for a reality check. It's mind boggling how these folks could be so wrong, so often, so consistently, and still maintain any respect at all among the public. Their pompousness, cancerous cynicism, dishonesty, and lack of accountability is more than just an annoyance. It's damaging this country.