Monday, December 18, 2006

Disobedience

I went home last weekend. This morning I was taking the bus back to Cebu, and looking out the window one thing I notice is that the province of Cebu in general is a lot dirtier than Negros. And not the kind of dirty that poverty can excuse. You don't need to have money to not dump your garbage onto just any open area along the side of the road.

You especially don't need to have money to not spray paint every spare wall with pointless graffiti. I don't know if it's some kind of coded message, or they just want to show their friends how rebellious they can be. In any case, I wish they would stop, because they've managed to make Talisay City look like utter garbage.

Somewhere on the sidewalk curb in Asiatown IT Park, somebody used a permanent marker to simply write in plain letters "DISOBEDIENCE". Nothing more. How appropriate!

No comments:

Post a Comment